Communication Strategies in Middle and Later Stages Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care – Part 2
Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias gradually diminish a person’s ability to communicate. Communication with a person afflicted with Alzheimer’s requires patience, understanding, and good listening skills. Many of the challenging behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s and other dementias come from the deteriorating brain and communication issues caused by that deterioration. Today our Podcast will focus on the importance of using Communication Strategies in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
- How is Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosed?
- Plan for Your Future
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Help & Support
- Upcoming education programs
- Support Groups
- Stages & Behaviors
- Resources for Alzheimer’s/Dementia caregivers during COVID
- Dementia Road Map
- Dementia Safety Kit
- Alzheimer’s Association – Washington State Chapter Website
- Alzheimer’s Association – Washington State Chapter Facebook Page
- Alzheimer’s Association – Washington State Chapter Blog
- Alzheimer’s Association – E-Newsletter
- Care Options
- Choosing a Residential Care Facility
Like What You Heard?
Consider supporting the show with a small contribution to help cover costs of production.